The Stone of Askavar is a WeiDU-based mod for Baldur's Gate I: Tales of the Sword Coast. This mod involves a main quest and several subquests. There are new items and spells as well as lots of new creatures to fight.
After flooding the Cloakwood mines your adventure begins just north of Nashkel where you will be attacked by members of the Black Gauntlet.
Extract the contents of the mod archive to your game's main directory.
If you have the Siege of Dragonspear installed then you need to extract the contents of the mod archive to the Siege of Dragonspear main directory.
Note: If you are installing for Darkside of the Sword Coast then I recommend you install that mod first.Back to top
Re-installing is simple. Double-click the setup-soa.exe file and enter the given commands for Re-installing.Back to top
Uninstalling is simple. Double-click the setup-soa.exe file and enter the given commands to Uninstall.
On completion return your SAVE games that you backed up to their original Save game folders.
This Mod has four versions one for BG1/TotSC, BGT, Tutu and a BG:EE version.
All Tutu Mods should be compatible. Only Mods I know to be compatible for BG1/TotSC version at present are Slime Quest, Herbs and Potions and Improved Bams.
Except for the original TotSC version all other versions work with the world map
I have not completed any compatibility testing with BG:EE. See the forums for details about compatibility with BG:EEBack to top
The Stone of Askavar is copyright © 2016
BALDUR'S GATE , BALDUR'S GATE : Tales of the Swordcoast: © 1998, 1999 Bioware Corp. All Rights Reserved.
The Stone of Askavar is not developed, supported, or endorsed by BioWare or Interplay/Black Isle.
All images and contents of this mod are copyright BioWare, Interplay/Black Isle or Wizards of the Coast.
REDISTRIBUTION NOTE: The Stone of Askavar was created to be freely enjoyed by all Baldur's Gate gamers. The Stone of Askavar, however, may not be sold, published, compiled or redistributed in any form without the consent of its authors.Back to top
Thanks to all Baldurs Gate players at the Chosen of Mystra forums for their support with this mod.
Thanks to modders at G3 for technical advise and support.
Thanks to Isaya for technical changes.
German: Wertax and Gerri
Thanks to authors and contributors of the DRIZZT Saga for providing a good template to work from.
Back to top
The Chosen of Mystra/TeamBG Pocket Plane mod list Bioware Forums Near Infinity Weidu Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition
Version 1.0 (1 August, 2006) First Full Release
Version 1.1 (21 October, 2006) Second Full Release
1. BG/Totsc version incorporated with install
2. TP2 changes
Version 1.2 (12 January, 2007) Third Full Release
1. Tutu support
2. TP2 changes
Version 1.3 BETA (13 September, 2008) Fourth Full Release
1. BGT support
2. Fixed area crashes
3. Fixed Sunstone gem problem
4. TP2 changes
Version 1.3 (20 March, 2009) Fifth Full Release
1. German translation added
2. Fixed rep drop for girl encounter
3. Now start at chapter 5 to be consistent with storyline
4. Initial encounter increased in difficulty
5. More support for worldmap
Version 1.4 (08 April, 2009) Sixth Full Release
1. French translation added
2. Fixed some compatibility issues with G3 anniversary Mod
3. Fixed possible break in main quest with Lizzy encounter
4. Changed reference to Rebecca in Lizzy's script
5. TP2 changes for translation to the world map
Version 1.5 (06 June, 2009) Seventh Full Release
1. Spanish translation added
2. Some translation file corrections in english version
Version 1.6 (10 February, 2012) Eighth Full Release
1. Russian translation added
Version 1.7 (18 April, 2012) Ninth Full Release
1. Polish translation added
Version 1.8 (21 July, 2012) Tenth Full Release
1. Some text corrections
2. Rebalanced several items
3. Kensai can no longer use Mecorima's armor, Kelindra's Helm and armor, Cormyrian Helm
5. Fixed crash that sometimes occurred when accessing minimap in Spider Cavern area
6. Fixed crash to desktop when trying to sleep in Watch Tower area
Version 1.9 (6 July, 2015) Eleventh Full Release
1. Support for BG:EE now included
2. Rebbeca and Lizzy quest completely rewritten.
3. Carneth's Sunstone gem quest has been replaced with a puzzle task.
5. Numerous grammar corrections.
6. Journal entries now better supported.
7. Included worldmap support for all versions except the original TotSC.
8. Improved quality of some description Bams.
9. Several items given correct proficiency types.
Version 2.0 (11 November, 2016) Twelfth Full Release
1. French translation added
2. Fixed some text inconsistencies between versions
3. Fixed access to cave area
4. Fixed problem with wizard in Bluebell wood walking to the top corner
5. Removed the duplicate Stone of Askavar from one of the wizards in the final battle